Thursday, March 29, 2012

Research Check 14

Basic Screen Printing Techniques 101:


l: Just because they have the title “screen printer” doesn’t mean they are one!

I: this is true ive known some people that say they know how and when i order some shirts they cant do it.

L: I choose the 160 to 180 because I want to lay down a little less ink since this is a multi-color job AND in doing so I will not have to flash cure between colors

I: i need to learn the mesh differences i always heard about them but never knew what they meant

L:  would also have used a dual-cure photopolymer emulsion as my stencil since they can be used with only a single coat on each side and they hold up well, yet reclaim easily.

I: didnt know there was different types of emulsion 

L: When printing multi-color prints on light shirts you generally print the lightest color to darkest color OR the smallest print area to the largest area.

I: did not know this didn't think it mattered 

L:  The easiest way to line-up screens on a multi-color print is to make a print of the outline or main color and just line-up the other screens to the print. Sure you may get a little ink on the bottom of the screen but guess what? It will wipe right off.

I: dont really know what he means by this 

Costs of starting a clothing company:


L: How much do I need to start my clothing brand?

I: theres three types of budgets amateur, indie, and professional. 

L:   



No comments:

Post a Comment